Saturday, April 11, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] MC 7.0.4.3 buggy behavior

 

I doubt Avid will worry much about the bugginess of an old version. That's the whole point of new versions - introduce new features and fix bugs.


When I used 7.0x I did not experience this. Certainly nothing as extreme as black bins. 

Steve

On Apr 11, 2015, at 8:52 PM, CraigACM@aol.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Here's more 7.0.4.3 buggy behavior:  Mac 10.7.5
Since moving from 7.0.4.1 to 7.0.4.3:  I'll be working in MC without issues and Quit the application without any hint of a problem.  The next time I open MC, the program loads, brings me to the window to select a project, but then it hangs when the project's bins and windows start to open.  The bins are either empty or totally black with a never-ending spinning beach ball.  Have to Force Quit. 

Trashing MCState, Site Settings and Site Attributes fixes it for the next time I open MC.  Once MC successfully loads a project, you can Close and Open into different projects without an issue.  The hang only happens after you've totally Quit the application.  Not everytime, but frequently.   At first I thought I had a corrupt Project, but it has happened when loading different projects -- and not necessarily the last project I'd worked on prior to quitting.  And, I discovered by accident that another way to avoid the hang, is to always open an empty project first -- one with no clips in any bins!  MC has yet to hang when I've opened that empty project, and then I can Close it and Open the project I really want to use.   

Also tried an uninstall and  reinstall and new user settings.  Something is going bad during the Quit process.

Craig Mikhitarian
ACM Productions


__._,_.___

Posted by: Steve Hullfish <steve@veralith.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment