Friday, March 27, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: Today in QC corner

 

I thought I had a wife and daughter that fulfill my quota of being messed with.  I don't need any additional messing with.  Of course if I could solve my domestic messing with by a one pixel blow up I wouldn't think twice.  Unfortunately even an old Squeeze Zoom couldn't get me out of some of my messes and then my wife blows up way more than one pixel.  Like the time I moved the roof antenna while she was away.  I'm still failing QC over that.  ;-(



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <DennyD1@...> wrote :


On Mar 26, 2015, at 9:40 PM, John Moore wrote:

Unrelated to yesterdays blanking issues/non issues there was another show we were told some of the shots look to be 1 frame out of sync.  We checked the time codes and went ahead and bumped the shots a frame.  It seemed slightly better but my bay has monitor lag of over a frame, which I've measured with my sync check box.  At any rate we did the QC notes and sent back the file.  Today we hear back we can't tell if you did anything.  Do you have a copy of the old file we can compare?  There was an obvious picture fix and then the sync issues that they can't seem to tell if they are fixed unless they compare to the previous file.  If it doesn't look out of sync today then why compare?  One frame is pretty hard to see although it is more apparent in 23.976 but if you can't see the difference it probably wasn't off to begin with.  And the wheel goes round and round.

I observe:

They do like messing with you eh, John?   ;)

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
    NBC Today Show, New York


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment