Friday, March 20, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Is it possible for an audio mixer to delete shots and audio from a MCtimeline

 

Thanks for the replays Terry, David, Jay and John. I should have elaborated the issue. I was at a test screening of a movie I am cutting and there was not enough time alotted for the director and myself to screen and QC it because the audio guy was four days late delivering the mix back to me. All I had time to do was put the mix tracks into the timeline, output a PRORES QuickTime and fedex the drive to the theater 350 miles away. I drove to the theater and watched and there was a whole scene missing. So I am asking if the mixer course have deleted it by mistake and I know very little about Protools.

The whole escapade was a text book case of Murphys Law. Low budget, last minute planning by the production and an overworked, sleep deprived mixer.

And to think I gave up a lucrative career in break dancing for this career! (Tongue implanted.firmly in my cheek).

Thanks for all your help.

Tony

__._,_.___

Posted by: tonybreuer@mac.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment