Thursday, March 26, 2015

[Avid-L2] BCC 8.2 Update Fixes Crash on Deinterlace Effect

 

Ran into a sequence using BCC 8.1 Deinterlace Effect.  Every time I tried to open the Effects editor on the effect Avid would crash with a main thread buss error.  I'm on MacPro mid 2012 12 core OS 10.8.5 Avid SNDX 6.5.4.  I found even applying the effect fresh would crash upon opening effects editor.  I reached out to Mr. Dirk at Boris and found out this was a known bug that is fixed in the ver. 8.2 update.

Here's what I was told:
"searching my email archive I find it as a known crash bug which was fixed in BCC AVX 8.2 update - so I think updating the BCC AVX version on the system will avoid it - going here and clicking on the "Continuum Complete AVX" link should lead you to the download - it's a free update and updating it should not require a serial number or affect licensing"

The link for the update is here:

This if free if you have BCC 8 and there is also one for BCC9.  The upgrade will keep you existing license intact and install without a need to uninstall the existing BCC.  Hope this helps someone else before they find out the hard way.
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment