Saturday, February 28, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Kona 4: Latency & Playback Issues ?

 

Mac Pro tube, OS 10.10.1 (Yosemite)
Avid MC 8.3
Aja T-Tap, firmware 12.1.0, Thunderbolt from computer, HDMI out to confidence monitor

FWIW: I know it isn't a Kona 4, but with the above set up I am seeing only the slightest latency (1 frame or less) between the Avid GUI source or program monitors and my external confidence monitor as driven by the T-Tap. 

I have recently discovered the same amount of latency you have while using Premiere Pro CC, which didn't use to do that.  Still troubleshooting that.  I think it started when I last updated the firmware on the T-Tap.

It's hard to believe that other professional editors would accept the amount of latency I am seeing, especially as it seriously impacts timing, rhythm, lip sync and sound effects layout.

Agreed!

- Rich

On Feb 28, 2015, at 12:40 PM, blafarm@yahoo.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I was a bit confused when AJA said that the "Desktop Play Delay" issue affected all AJA devices using the driver -- and that it was being worked on.  More specifically, I'm referring to the latency between the Avid GUI Source/Record monitors – and the AJA HD-SDI/HDMI output.


It's hard to believe that other professional editors would accept the amount of latency I am seeing, especially as it seriously impacts timing, rhythm, lip sync and sound effects layout.


Accordingly, I spent a few moments this morning shooting a down-and-dirty video that illustrates the problem.  

The video linked below was shot at 29.97, and as you can see, there are at least 4 frames of delay on the AJA HD-SDI/HDMI output.  I have measured even more of a delay when scrubbing frame-by-frame.


I know Mark Spano indicated he was not seeing this latency.  But is anyone else seeing (or not seeing) this latency issue with AJA interfaces?

Thanks for your feedback.


 


__._,_.___

Posted by: RRF Avid <rrfavid@HotSprocketFilms.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment