Saturday, February 28, 2015

[Avid-L2] Which Apple OS for MBP circa 2009 for Avid sweet spot"

 

I'm still running OS 10.6.8 on my summer 2009 MBP.  I recently went to 8GB of ram and an internal 1TB SSD.  There seem to be some bugs in the OS system and I get stalls of about 30 seconds and the beach ball then it snaps back to life.  I figure it's time to install a clean system on the 2nd partition of the SSD.  It's looking like 10.8.5 is kind of the sweet spot of overall Avid compatibility right now.  I realize /ver. 8.3 might not work well on my laptop but I've been running 6.5.3 ish for my minimal ancillary tasks.  Does anybody have a recommendation over 10.8.5.  I kinda think 10.9 might be a little better future proof but I don't want to jeopardize running back to 6.5.4 etc...  This is not a heavy lifting system so I can take my time installing and tweaking this second startup drive.  Any advice will be appreciated.
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment