Friday, January 30, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] WAY OT: Web Hosting

 

I use Arvixe for some stuff, too. It's decent, and better than some hosts I've used in the past. I'd say a step above HostGator, BlueHost, etc. I work with some revenue-generating (in theory) websites that use Rackspace, Amazon Web Services, etc. But those are overkill for a typical small biz site, I'd say.

Oh, this might be useful:
The Best Small Business Web Hosting Services for 2014
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2426600,00.asp

Interested in hearing what others are choosing, too.

jim feeley
pov media
word image sound

> On Jan 30, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Tim McLaughlin mcltim.156@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> Arvixe - $4 a month. I love it.
>
> --
> Tim McLaughlin
> Final Cut, Avid and Premiere Pro Editor
> http://vimeo.com/mcltim
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Mark Myers MarkM@SR-Pro.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Hey -
>
> Figured there's a bunch of other small business people on this forum, so it's a good place to ask. I need to move my web hosting, and that of some small non-profits (Parents groups) that I help with. A client recommended "HostGator" but I had problems with the sign up form, and can't seem to get a hold of any customer service. Another client recommended "BlueHost." The sites are all fairly simple, and Wordpress oriented.
>
> Any suggestions from the collective of the "L"?
>
> Mark

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Feeley <jfeeley@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment