Saturday, January 24, 2015

[Avid-L2] Suggest audio component(s) for 5.1 monitoring?

 

While the L discussing is swinging toward audio... I received a 5.1 mix that I've back into our final edit. What central audio output component(s) should I consider to turn my stereo playback system into surround?


I have: an iMac (i7, late 2013), OS X 10.8.5, MC 7.03

5 Dynaudio Acousitcs speakers (powered, XLR input) 

1 BagEnd InfraSub 18 Pro (5 XLR I/O)

Grace m903 DAC - USB in from iMac, stereo out, key feature: digital volume level display


My guess is I may need something like a MOTU HD Express, which is priced right, but my iMac doesn't have an PCIe connection that it looks to require.


The MOTU HDX-SDI has Thunderbolt, and 8 channels of XLR output, and other nice features that I don't necessarily need, but I do like having the ability to ingest SD... I have some old tapes I need to transcode.


Thoughts? Suggestions? Alternatives?


__._,_.___

Posted by: roberto@puregrain.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment