Friday, January 9, 2015

[Avid-L2] Install AMA plug-in dilemna

 

I'm just upgrading from 6.5 to 7.0.4  (my older MacPro not qualified for version 8).
Hit two immediate stumbling blocks:
On opening MC I was alerted that 3 AMA plug-ins were no longer compatible and I should remove and replace them.  I found the 3 XDCAM plugs and trashed them and navigated to the Sony site to download the XDCAM 3.32 AMA plugin.

But when I tried to install it, it told me it wasn't compatible with my OS (10.7.5), and I needed to upgrade to 10.8.  Sony's site says the AMA plug-in "supports the same OS versions supported by Avid NLE products" and MC7.0.4 is supposed to be qualified with OS 10.7.5.  But the only other plug-in shown on Sony's site is version 2.4 for MC 6.5 -- I think that was what I originally had before this new installation -- I tried it anyway and again got the Avid message that this plugin was not compatible.  (I'm not prepared to do a whole new OS install at this point -- I'll revert back to 6.5 unless someone has a solution.)

One other annoying problem --  the window that Avid opens to their website when you click on the Marketplace/AMA Plug-ins menu is tucked way up in the left corner of the screen underneath the main menu bar.   I can drag the bottom corner to expand and work with it, but I can't pull it down away from the menu bar or access the top of the window to be able to close the damn thing!  I finally got rid of it by re-selecting my workspace to refresh the screen. 

Would certainly appreciate any advice!
Thanks,

Craig Mikhitarian
ACM Productions, Ltd.


__._,_.___

Posted by: CraigACM@aol.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment