Friday, December 12, 2014

[Avid-L2] Unable to open sequence bin..

 

I'm hoping someone here can help with this.  I've just lost an entire days work thanks to this little gem!



Unable to open file 'FA308 Fine Cut 20141211'.
Exception: DOMAIN_COPYOUT_FAILED
Exception: STRM_UNEXPECTED_TAG, GotIllegalTag:20


Does anyone know what it means and how to get rid of it? After working for a couple of hours yesterday, the system crashed (due to an overly full workspace). I had the AE allocate more space, but on relaunch, any bins that were open when I crashed would no longer open. I opened an older copy of the bin from the attic and copied the sequence. I then re-did all of the work and saved every 15 minutes. After a second crash with the same results, I created a new project and did the whole thing again. (Opened from the attic, with all of the work gone again!). It all seemed good yesterday, but this morning, I open the new project and I'm back to square one! The only version of the bin I can get to open from the attic is the original version from 2 days ago. My next step is going to be to delete all the precomputes from the MFX folder with yesterday's date and rebuild the databases. I haven't added any new footage or graphics, so i'm thinking it may be a corrupt pre-compute. 
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

MC

thanks,

Steve Pomerantz
www.stevepomerantzeditorial.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: sppomerantz@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment