Monday, December 1, 2014

[Avid-L2] Follow Up: Monitoring for color via mini-display vs. SDI

 

I'm continuing to be frustrated with my AJA IoXT. Primary reasons for having it are digitizing from SD source and SDI monitoring out to my Panasonic BT-LH2600W.

When I turn off the Io XT, my 27' iMac runs beautifully. A few weeks ago, I disconnected the IoXT and connected a 30' LCD monitor to my mini-display port. Everything ran great. Only issue was the color disparity between the iMac and the external monitor.

My work never goes to broadcast, but I want to make sure that I am delivering true and "legal" color to my clients.

This LG monitor was recommended to me as a possible solution, and looks as though it might just be the ticket...

At the risk of being shot or flamed - is anyone checking their color correction via mini-display instead of SDI?

--
Tim McLaughlin
Final Cut, Avid and Premiere Pro Editor
http://vimeo.com/mcltim

__._,_.___

Posted by: Tim McLaughlin <mcltim.156@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Yahoo Groups
Test Campaign
subject line for test


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment