Friday, October 3, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Motion Effects Editor and 5D slo mo question

 

I gave this a try today, but couldn't get it to work on MC 7.0.4 on OSX 10.9.2

Typed in the console:

   SetAMAQTForcedFrameRate true 23.976


And the console replied:

   AMAQTForcedFrameRate Settings: Enabled: 1. Frame rate: 23.976000.


So far so good. 

Then AMA-linked to some GoPro footage shot  1080p @ 59.94.
Sadly, it still shows up in my bin as 59.94, plays at normal speed, and has a motion adapter when cut into a sequence.

I was also unable to use Cinema Tools to change the FPS of the original GoPro .MP4 clip.   However the following worked well:

-Opened the GoPro clip in Quicktime Pro, and saved it as a reference quicktime.
-Cinema Tools was able to conform this reference quicktime as 23.976
-AMA imported the reference quicktime without problem -- it plays back as slomo with no motion adapter when cut into a sequence.  Audio plays normally at regular speed for the first half of the clip (out of sync, obviously.)

Compared to an AMA import of the original 59.94 fps clip, the only obvious issue I see is that the start timecode is 00:00:00:00 with the reference quicktime, while it is set to the file creation/modification time when importing the original clip. 

Cheers,
--Michael


On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Mark Spano cutandcover@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I thought for AMA off-speed clips this worked:


SetAMAQTForcedFrameRate true 23.976

Type that into the console before linking and the incoming AMA clip will link in at the rate specified. Then when you want to put it back, type

SetAMAQTForcedFrameRate false 0

and it's back to normal. I think Job ter Burg posted that a while back. I always use Cinema Tools to conform, so I never tried it, but it's probably worth a try. 

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014, eatapc@mac.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Last month, on my first Media Composer edit session in 7 years, with the director sitting next to me, picking takes (all shot on 5D), he says, "These scenes were overcranked. I need to see them as slo-mo." Uh oh.


The assistant had flagged these scenes as off-speed (59.97) and left them AMA rather than transcoding. Not sure what to do, I threw them in a 23.98 timeline, applied a Timewarp effect to slow them down to the intended speed, then dragged out the tails so we could view the full clips.

I assumed I was being stupid and ignorant for not knowing the easy workflow in Media Composer. Good to know there is no easy workflow. Avid: Really?

-- Mark Block


__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Brock <mbrock321@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (24)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment