Friday, October 3, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] "I want it to look like film" Whoops Here You Go?

 

Interesting analogy, John. I've been studying tube amps lately and to
some extent my answer is the same as it used to be; if you want it to
sound like tubes, use tubes or if you want it to look like film, shoot
film. OTOH, today's cameras don't look like the video cameras of a few
years ago. And, I'm learning that not all tubes sound tube like. It's
all about what you like to see and hear. --J.B.

bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] wrote:
>
>
> I usually see bass guitars running DI more than rhythm and lead
> guitar. I've never side by sided those two choices but I would think
> there would be a very noticeable difference. Perhaps the warmth of
> tube vs modern digital and transistor based amps would be a less
> significant factor than the overall acoustics and settings on the amp
> the mic picks up over a direct electrical connection to the guitar
> pickups. How would you get that great Jimi H feedback with a DI box?
>
> __.
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Beck <jb30343@windstream.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment