Saturday, August 23, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Dongles updates deadline?

 

I doubt it will have much of an effect on people who are using it as a
professional tool, day in and day out. What it will affect are people
who keep a copy on an extra system at home or their notebook or wherever
for occasional use. It will also drive off some people who make their
living using other systems but like to keep a copy of MC around just in
case. I have no idea how many people that is. I suspect it's quite a few.
--J.B.

switthaus@mac.com [Avid-L2] wrote:
>
>
> It will effectively kill Avid as an updated editing option for me and
> many editors like me. There just isn't enough Avid freelance work
> outside the core markets, so $300 is pissing in the wind. I realize
> this is a good way to stabilize a revenue stream for Avid, but I
> think a lot of editors will just let Avid die now. For me, MC 7.0.4
> will become much like FCP-Legacy: just there, just in case.
> Or, for $300 you can buy FCPX and the updates have been free. ;-)
>
> sw
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Beck <jb30343@windstream.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

Yahoo Groups
Did you Know?
Learn about creating and deleting Groups Tables


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment