Saturday, August 16, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Missing Effect "INT_EFF_SPATIAL_ADAPTER" is this Frame Flex?

 

That makes sense  I see this with odd QuickTimes that have been processed and modified and don't exactly match any broadcast specification.


With Best Wishes
Roger Shufflebottom
rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk
+44 7973 543660


On 15 Aug 2014, at 16:15, bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I found out from the offline editor he did use Ver. 7 and he didn't add any frame flex himself.  The sources were whacky .avi files he imported or linked ama and transcoded.  I will find out how he ingested the material and report back.  It seems like the effect is not needed because when I delete it the image still matches the offfline reference in size and framing.  Seems like it is acting sort of like motion adapters when you have a clip of a differing frame rate, although the motion adapters are necessary to the video frames so I don't see that with these effects.

---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <rogershuff@...> wrote :
Without testing, I think you are correct. Frameflex is invoked without any input from the editor if v7 or later detects a clip with a different raster to the current format (say dropping an SD clip into an HD sequence).
With Best WishesRoger Shufflebottomrogershuff@...
+44 7973 543660
On 15 Aug 2014, at 09:28, John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Working on an online remotely and I have a sequence that has nested unknown effects.  They all seem to be the same effect according to the sequence missing effects only report.  The effect is listed as, "INT_EFF_SPATIAL_ADAPTER".  I'm thinking this might be frame flex info from Ver. 7 and I'm on Ver. 6.5.4.  I'm contacting the offline editor to see what the effect is in his timeline and what Avid version he is running.  Anybody seen this?  Am I on the right track.  I'm upgraded to Ver. 8 on my dongle so I can move to Ver. 7 if needed.  I just haven't got around to upgrading yet.  Is this the time for moving forward?  I have a partition ready just hadn't found the need for 7 until now.
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@...



__._,_.___

Posted by: Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Did you Know?
Learn all about uploading Files and notifying members


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment