Saturday, August 2, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Is there a new BlackMagic Desktop Video Driver that eliminates the 1 Frame offset on Digital Cut?

 

What you're talking about is frustrating. And, FYI, there is NO solution to frame accurate editing with FCP. After years of battling that, I finally got AJA to admit that every attempt they put out there to fix it was like using buckets on a sinking ship. Hopeless. So thankful I haven't experienced it with Avid, with both Nitris DX/Keyspan and AJA KONA and IO Express. I don't have any Avid/Blackmagic systems in house, so I can't test those.

Blackmagic Media Express comes with every Blackmagic card. I wonder if you can narrow down the problem by testing to see if laying off to tape from that application is frame accurate. If so, then it's some Open I/O + Blackmagic bug going on.


On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 1:33 AM, bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I tried control through the blackmagic card and I get the same black frame.  So everything is acting just like has previously been reported.  Now as already mentioned there may be many other issues between Avid and Blackmagic but this right here is unworkable for anyone using tape.  It ain't dead yet in my world.  I have been using two blackmagic cards, an sdi and a 4K card at work for HD capture and they seemed to be capturing frame accurately.  Time to contact my friend who uses Blackmagic's SDK and gets into the coding of stuff in BM's Desktop something or other coding/configuring app.  If AJA can have two presets that get around this in the old FCP 7 world it seems like a pretty simple fix.  It would be like how Sony has the time code sense on the decks doing cross and frame rate conversions offsetting the RS-422 time code the necessary amount to achieve an in sync capture of the tape media.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :


I just found the extra cable I need to try what you suggest.  I'll report what I find soon.  Man it's Saturday night and my daughter is at a sleepover.  I've got an SRW-5500 to test frame accuracy with.  I sure know how to live it up on the weekend!!!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment