Saturday, July 26, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Phrase find & Script Sync update?

 

I am on set editing a feature film right now and was talking to some of the interns on the set who barely know Avid at all.... They're all like, "Dude, why aren't you using Premiere?" So I showed them a bunch of Avid features - including ScriptSync - and one of them steps back and pretends to "drop the mic" (rap style) and says, "You just dropped the mic on Premiere." and another says, "Game over. Mind blown. Respect." 


Largely, you can impress them by just the speed of keyboard style editing. The producer calls me "the ghost editor" because before he finishes explaining a revision he wants to see, I'm already hitting the play key to show it to him. That's not to talk about MY speed, but Avid's speed. The previous four features he worked on were cut on FCP and I went to the mat to get this one cut on Avid. Now they see why.

Steve Hullfish
author, "Avid Uncut"


On Jul 26, 2014, at 2:08 PM, "bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Even when script sync was free, bundled, it was not used nearly as much as it could have been in my experience.  It seemed like the typical B movie where the the ugly girl with glasses turns into the major Babe once the glasses are removed.  I think it's a great tool but would have though more of my reality shows would use it.  I'm sure many do but not the ones I've been on.  Of course now they just started using it at one gig, go figure.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@veralith.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)

Yahoo Groups
Did you Know?
Dealing with inactive moderators or owners


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment