Sunday, July 6, 2014

[Avid-L2] MC launch brightens UI on HP Z1

 

I'm temporarily working on an HP Z1G2 "all-in-one" workstation. I ran into this issue with MC. It's running Windows 8.1. The NVIDIA driver is newer than the Avid matrix shows.


I loaded the trial of Avid Media Composer on this machine. When I launch MC, the whole screen shifts brighter. When I exit MC, the screen returns to the correct settings. This is not the older MC/NVIDIA bug of the viewer getting brighter or darker as you hit "play" or "stop". I've seen and corrected that on other machines. Unfortunately this NVIDIA control panel has none of the overlay controls like others, which is where the previous issue was. I'm sure it must be different because of Windows 8.1. I've mucked around in the settings and haven't found anything to change this behavior.

All Adobe apps, Vegas and Resolve work normally and no changes to the screen or UI. Thoughts? Thanks.


- Oliver

__._,_.___

Posted by: oliverpeters@oliverpeters.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment