Saturday, June 7, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: resolve tutorial?

 

Thanks! My students are looking for Resolve tutorials. I'll check out your site.

 With best wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543660

On 7 Jun 2014, at 19:33, "Patrick Inhofer elists@fini.tv [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I'll jump in here just to toot the horn of: http://www.mixingLight.com

I'm one of the three colorists running that website which is an ever-growing Library of color correction tutorials and articles.

We're starting the push to our 200th video - and since the three of us use Resolve as our primary app, it's very Resolve heavy with over 100 short quick movies and articles that focus on both craft and the Resolve UI.

MixingLight is not a replacement to the other resources listed in this thread - rather an on-going supplement.

Sincerely,

Patrick
co-founder, MixingLight.com

- -
Patrick inhofer
Colorist / Finisher / Owner, Fini.tv
Trainer, Tao Of Color.com
Subscribe to my free weekly Color Grading Newsletter!

Reel: http://www.fini.tv/demo.html


On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM, bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I bought FXPHD but have yet to roll up my sleeves with it in any meaningful way.  The version I got was based on V9 but I thing the brunt of the information will translate to V10 & 11.

As far as your comment, "Do I really need Resolve or can my Symphony to all I need to correct the Blackmagic footage,"  that's a debatable point.  Sure Resolve is more versatile and has a much deeper tool set, especially when it comes to power window and other forms of secondary color correction.  In my world it has become a buzz word that people banter about without knowledge of the ramifications on work flows and the round tripping issues that can spring up.  Perhaps coming from decades of getting shows on the air with 4
TBC control knobs I don't see the need for Resolve as much as others do.  Sure I like things to look good but there is a practical limit to what can and what should be done.  Nobody is going out of their way to give me more time on a show because it's being colored in Resolve and whatever speed bump Resolve might give to the color process the extra wrangling of the media takes up the same amount of time.  Also if you don't have the full tilt panels for Resolve you aren't getting the traditionally expected speed bump that Davinci operators have had in the past.  It's a wonderful piece of software and if you are playing around without a big time deadline it's certainly worth giving it a shot and see hosw you feel about it. Many on the L2 are more experienced with the Blackmagic Camera and Resolve so maybe they will chime in.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <loutv@...> wrote :


Can anyone recommend a really good Resolve Tutorial out there. I find this app to be very hard to figure out and not all that user friendly. I watch a few tutorials but they are not great. Just got a Pocket Cinema to pay around with shooting personal projects. Do I really need Resolve or can my Symphony to all I need to correct the Blackmagic footage, both Pro Res and RAW? Would love to never open Resolve again.

thanks

Lou
Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p


__._,_.___

Posted by: Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment