Saturday, June 14, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Monitoring Surround

 

Thanks,

I've been pouring over a lot of stuff tonight.  Looks like MOTU has one nice unit but they are all PCI so that won't work for me, but Matrox has one box with 6 discrete outs and another rack mount with 8 and both can use TBolt.  I've got active monitors so I don't want to deal with an amp in the way.  I'm not doing any input so the mixer just seemed like overkill.  The other benefit of going with the Matrox is that I get my video and audio monitoring in a single box so that should get it done.  I hope!

-P


On 6/15/14, 1:26 AM, 'Job ter Burg (L2B)' Job_L2@terburg.com [Avid-L2] wrote:
 

Various options. MC lets you output multichannel audio over HDMI. So if you get any home theater receiver, you can route the hdmi signal through that. Another advantage is that most of these come with a lip sync correction feature, so that you may compensate for your monitor's delay.

If you have active speakers, you may prefer a pre-amp with balanced outputs. I own a Denon professional preprocessor, A7100, that they no longer make, but the replacing mode lis the DN 500av.

This does not give you a mixer, but it does give you master room volume control. If you need a mixer, you need a BOB that gives you 5.1 i/o and a mixer with at least two stereo buses or 4 aux sends, om top of a stereo master output. I have my Yamaha 01V set up that way. Master L/R is L/R, Bus1/2 is C/Lfe, bus 3/4 is Ls/Rs (SMPTE order). Advantage is that any other sources (CD player, computer's internal audio card, etc.) can be hooked to any input of the 01V, and if i send them to the master output, they are played back over the L and R speaker.

J


__._,_.___

Posted by: Perrone Ford <perroneford@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment