Saturday, May 24, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: ScriptSync and Phrase Find no longer available

 

These comments are incorrect . Media Composer is essential to Avid Everywhere and All Avid workflows. Louis has stated this time and time again.   I know the numbers and I can assure you that PhraseFind and ScriptSync, while great technology, are not saving Media Composer from extinction.




I'm really not sure Avid gives a damn, seems it really wants to sell Avid Everywhere to all ,regardless of NLE. NLE I think has
less importantance to the powers, regardless of what friendly Avid folks have posted here.
owen






David Colantuoni
Senior Director Product Management | Creative Apps | Storage
ISIS | Pro Tools | Media Composer | Sibelius | AMG


Help drive the future direction of the industry!
 
Join the Avid Customer Association
Save the Date for Avid Connect 2015!
April 10-12, 2015 Las Vegas, NV. USA

From: "owen owen@thenowcorporation.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM
To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: ScriptSync and Phrase Find no longer available

 

scriptsync and phrasefind have saved media composer from extinction.

I'm really not sure Avid gives a damn, seems it really wants to sell Avid Everywhere to all ,regardless of NLE. NLE I think has
less importantance to the powers, regardless of what friendly Avid folks have posted here.
owen

On May 24, 2014, at 1:05 PM, 'Job ter Burg (L2B)' Job_L2@terburg.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


My thoughts exactly.

For all we know, Avid might be waiting to see how much rumble the deletion of these features causes. 

On 24 mei 2014, at 18:56, Michael Brockington brocking@sfu.ca [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I did consider that before my posting.  But then I also wonder what will happen with these negotiations if Avid thinks users have little interest in the feature.

Given how little marketing I see around scriptsync, and its history of getting unbundled from the basic application, I think that might be the greater concern.



__._,_.___

Posted by: David Colantuoni <david.colantuoni@avid.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (57)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment