Saturday, May 10, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] 7.0.2's Segment Mode

 

Wow, how embarrassing.  I've been on FCP for a while and quite possibly may have created a false memory?  I was sure this was in earlier versions of Avid.  Huh


On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Shirley Gutierrez guanacaa@aol.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Mike, the behavior your describing sounds like Final Cut to me, not Avid. I don't recall Avid doing this.


As with other segment mode behaviors, sometimes I want it to do what you describe, but more often I don't. Like most editors, I have pretty set track assignments for both audio and video. Sometimes I'll move a video or audio segment to correct a patching error (if I catch it later), sometimes I'll move a video segment up to create some sort of composite, but most of the time I want to be able to move video and audio independently. 

Like most behaviors that you want some of the time but not all of the time, it seems like this would work well as a double modifier triggered action. Perhaps it's time to make it a feature request?

Best,
Shirley


-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Breiburg mike.breiburg@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Avid-L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, May 10, 2014 9:55 am
Subject: [Avid-L2] 7.0.2's Segment Mode



Working with version 7 for the first time.

When I go into segment mode, the video component of the clip and drag it from V1 to V2 (or any higher video track), the video component of the clip relocates just fine, but I've noticed the audio portion of the clip, while it does slide down the timeline horizontally with the video, its audio remains on tracks A1-2, where I'd expect them to jump to the lower tracks A3-4.

Is this right?  Is this a new thing in 7?  

The vice versa also occurs.  If I move the the audio portion of the clip to a lower track, it moves just fine but the video remains on V1.  Again, it slides down horizontally just fine but I need it to jump to a higher video track like it used to in older versions.  I can work around this but it just adds several extra steps of clean up or added steps of moving the audio to A3-4 before moving video to V2.  Either way, it's a few additional steps to do something that Avid used to do automatically.

I've checked in settings and can't find the setting to disable this.  Downgrading to 6 or lower may not be an option on this gig.  Any help?  

Thanks in advance!

Mike



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Yahoo Groups
DMARC related changes in Groups emails
Following recent changes in Yahoo DMARC policy, we made changes to how Yahoo Groups sends mails

Just launched ! Link preview on Yahoo Groups
Visit your Group on the web, simply paste the link to the article, photo or video you wish to share in the message you are composing.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment