Saturday, March 15, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Transfer between MC7.0 and AE CC of AAF and media - codecs not seen by AE

 

I can't offer much help except to say that I have had the experience of receiving Avid XDCAM MXF exports that Premiere CS6 could not load, but MC on the same system could.  I'm assuming your files are DNxHD, so not directly analogous.  Just commisserating.


Cheers,
                  tod


Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
2233 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007
202-342-0001







On Mar 15, 2014, at 11:49 AM, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@veralith.com> wrote:

I did a straight export of an Avid sequence to AAF, then imported that into AE (This is MCv7.03 and AE CS5.x). On the computer on which the media originally resided, the transfer worked perfectly. The Avid sequence opened in AE CS5.x and linked to the correct media files, which had been consolidated in MC and which sat in the Avid Mediafiles folder.

Then I copied those media files to another hard drive and I'm trying to relink to media on two different computers - one WITH Media Composer installed, and another WITHOUT Media Composer installed. I can't get any of the Avid MXF media to relink correctly on either computer. On the system without MC, we downloaded the Avid codecs and installed them from the Avid website. On the system WITH MC, shouldn't the Avid codecs automatically work in AE? Aren't codecs system wide?

How can I check to see if AE can use Avid codecs (MXF files)? And if they ARE installed correctly, and AE still doesn't link to the proper files, how do you force a link in AE to the correct media files? I think I know how to do it on individual files, but there are 60 media files. I'd hate to have to individually track down the correct media file for each layer in AE and hand link it.

On a MacBookPro running 10.8.5 that has MC 7.0.3 installed and working fine, shouldn't AE CC automatically have the proper codecs installed to be able to read .MXF files? I am trying to hand-replace each file... relinking the AE source clip to an Avid .MXF media and AE says that the files are unsupported or damaged. When I linked one of the straight .PNG files (which were also missing), AE automatically linked to ALL 175 non-Avid sources and displayed them properly in the AE CC project. So I'm just missing the Avid media in the AE CC project. How do I know if AE has the Avid DNxHD/MXF codec installed properly?

Anybody had any luck transferring between Avid and AE (not using Automatic Duck, but just simple AAF)? This DID work on the one computer where the media originated and I had only AE5.x installed. But using AE CC and "moved media" I'm not having any luck.

Steve


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment