Saturday, March 15, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Transfer between MC7.0 and AE CC of AAF and media - codecs not seen by AE

 

I'm using AE CC, and it can't read the MXF files, even when I try to hand-replace the original files with the specific MXF file that I know I want. This is on a computer with both AE CC and MC7 installed.


I appreciate the response, John. Thanks. I may try running it through Premiere CC before taking it into AE CC.

Does anyone have any experience with the Boris Transfer product? And how does it deal with the Avid media, beyond simply getting the AAF from MC to AE? That part is already working. I see my Avid project perfectly recreated inside AE CC (as far as the "EDL" is concerned), but the media is not linking properly.

Steve

On Mar 15, 2014, at 12:28 PM, John Pale <pale.edit@gmail.com> wrote:

 

A couple of things.


The downloadable Avid codecs from the Avid website have nothing to do with MXF media.  They are QuickTime components and only work with media in a QuickTime wrapper. 

Its my understanding support for Avid MXF media is built directly into Adobe After Effects (and other Adobe Apps).  The best support is in CC apps, but some support is there in older versions.

I believe Adobe apps know nothing about media databases and use the original file path for linking, which would be different when moving the material to another machine.  So yes, you may have to link file by file.  Premiere Pro CC has a much improved relink dialog, with robust options, so you might want to try opening the sequence there, relink, and then send it to AE.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment