Saturday, March 22, 2014

[Avid-L2] Re: Avid/Resolve levels question

 

Roger wrote:

 

I know some folk on here use Resolve. I’ve got a question about the inbuilt Waveform Monitor in Resolve Lite (Mac). I’ve been using AAF exports from Media Composer to Resolve. As a test I included some EBU 75% bars imported as usual from the Avid Supporting files folder into MC using the 601/709 16-235 setting. These show up correctly in the Avid CC WFM. In Resolve, they read out at Black=0, White=1023 on the 10-bit scale, instead of what I’d expect, which is 64-960. I’ve set the clip attributes to ‘video' (64-960). The bars read correctly on the vectorscope. Oddly, when exporting back from Resolve to Avid, the levels seem to be OK and read correctly in MC. Please don’t beat me up for not using external scopes - this is testing prior to introducing Resolve to students. I’ve had a look at the Blackmagic forum and this question has been asked there but with no satisfactory replies as far as I can see. Anyone?”

Same oddness here. None of our Resolve stations have external scopes…yet. But it is “correct” – just trust grading to full swing in Resolve, and it will translate nicely back to Rec.709 in Avid.

 

Keith Rollinson

503.295.0551

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment