Saturday, February 1, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] transcoding problem

 

FWIW, I 've never been able to run any version of Symphony on a MBP seamlessly. There's always something that nips it's head up and bites you in the ass. Not much help I know, but on a MacPro, it's a whole different story, much more stable.

Raj


On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@veralith.com> wrote:
 

I'm in a new project with a clean, new user setting on a MacBookPro running Symphony option of 7.03.

I successfully AMA'd and then transcoded many files from a 5DMII and SOME files from a 5DMIII, but there are some longer files from the 5DMIII that will NOT transcode. MC crashes every time. As it was, I had to transcode all of the 5DMII files that WOULD work one at a time, actually turning MC OFF between each transcoded file! Brutal.

Anyway, on the same exact system with the same media, I opened Premiere CC, imported the problem files and then exported them using DNxHD 115 (same settings I was trying to transcode with in MC) and it worked perfectly. How can Premiere deal with DNxHD better than Avid?

Any idea what the issue might have been? I've never had this problem before. With many of the 5DMIII files, when they were still AMA, when I played through them, the source monitor would go completely green (corrupt media) and then the system would lock up. I'd relaunch, go back to the same clip and it would be fine. If I subclipped it and transcoded that ONE clip and then closed MC and then did the same thing to a new clip, it would be fine. But... one clip transcoded at a time. This with a NEW user and a bin with only a few clips in it.

Steve


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment