Saturday, February 15, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] OT - Older my book - sleeps - any suggestions

 

Ya, Caffeine works pretty well. Mac only. Free
http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/

There's a similar windows app, Caffeinated, from another developer that reportedly does the same thing. And of course there are other coffee-themed windows apps that I haven't used.

But like Shirley, I'm not a fan of WD My Book and other WD small self-contained drives. Seen a few die.

jim feeley
pov media
words images sounds

On Feb 15, 2014, at 12:52 PM, Jeff Krebs <rockinjeff@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> Wow - I was kidding about Caffeine. I'll give it a shot (no pun)
> Thanks!
>
>
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Shirley Gutierrez <guanacaa@aol.com> wrote:
>
> I thought there was actually some kind of app called "caffeine" that is supposed to work to ping your drives and keep them awake.
>
>
> If this is a client drive, I guess you're stuck. If it were my drive, I'd upgrade to almost anything else. I detest Western Digital. I think they're torture devices masquerading as media volumes.
>
> Shirley
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeff Krebs <rockinjeff@gmail.com>
> To: Avid L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Sat, Feb 15, 2014 12:07 pm
> Subject: [Avid-L2] OT - Older my book - sleeps - any suggestions
>
>
>
> Hi Lists
> editing away - footage is on an older Western Digital Mybook connected by E-sata
> If I don't access it the "My Book drive" for about 15 minutes it sleeps and of course Media Composer just loves it when that happens.
> The only re-awakening is unplug the power and power it up again.
>
> On Windows 7 OS. I checked the power settings in the advance mode and everything is set to full- throttle.
> Any suggestions of how to keep my drive awake is appreciated.
>
> Please - no caffeine jokes.
> Thanks
> Jeff
\

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment