Friday, January 10, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA and P2 in MCv7.0.2

Here is what Avid support sent back to me:

"Thank you for the callback. I have found that a bug is logged for this issue currently.
UDevC00181948: Exception errors on launch when switching users in OSX.
This fix should be in the next release of MC. "

I had trouble using an admin account to install the software and then rebooting and trying to run as a regular user.

If I booted and logged in first as the admin all was fine - but if I booted up and logged in as regular user - MC won't launch.
Additionally, if you log in as admin, launch, logout to regular then no launch, logout to admin then no launch there either. (that was a terrible sentence I know)

Bottom line - if you are running Mac in an environment with regular users for editors - you need to stick with 7.0.0 for now.
(if you are me! ;) )



------------------
Jeff Hedberg

Director of Operations
Union Editorial
575 Broadway,6th floor
New York, NY 10012

On Jan 10, 2014, at 2:02 PM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

> What's wrong with everyone being an administrator? What could possibly go wrong with that set up? ;-) If I'm following correctly your saying 7.0.2/3 requires any user account to have administrator privileges. That would allow for multiple users but they all need admin privileges. Is this correct? If so it's not the existence of multiple users but the account privileges.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Hedberg <jeff@...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks all for replies - turns out 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 don't like multi-user environments on the mac, so I'm back to 7.0.0. for now.
> > (In 7.0.2/3 you can't run Media Composer unless you are an administrator account - and I just can't bring myself to set up the machines that way :) )
> >
> > Still hate the idea of installing 'demo' anything via AMA.
> > Looked at the installer - under 'customize' there are 3 items - probably one of them is the demo that I could disable.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > ------------------
> > Jeff Hedberg
> >
> > Director of Operations
> > Union Editorial
> > 575 Broadway,6th floor
> > New York, NY 10012
> >
> > On Jan 9, 2014, at 8:30 PM, Ofer Raveh <o.raveh@...> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Hi Jeff,
> > >
> > > From the MC 7.0.2 Read me:
> > >
> > > Macintosh- No device support for Lion
> > > Windows 7- Driver version for P2 devices:v2.16
> > >
> > > Ofer Raveh
> > > From: Jeff Hedberg <jeff@...>
> > > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> > > Sent: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:39 PM
> > > Subject: [Avid-L2] AMA and P2 in MCv7.0.2
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm installing some seats of Media Composer 7.0.2 and want to get the AMAs installed at the same time.
> > > http://avid.com/ama links me to this page for P2 ama support:
> > > http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/sales_o/p2/avidnle_ps/index.html
> > >
> > > Am I reading this right that P2 AMA is only a demo for 30 days?
> > >
> > > On our older machines I'm sure I installed an AMA that was free. Any chance Avid's webpage is linking me to the wrong place at Panasonic?
> > >
> > > I don't have any active need for P2 right now - and don't feel like having the demo run out... on the other hand I hate leaving a machine half installed.
> > > Any advice?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jeff
> > >
> > > ------------------
> > > Jeff Hedberg
> > >
> > > Director of Operations
> > > Union Editorial
> > > 575 Broadway,6th floor
> > > New York, NY 10012
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
>



------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment