Friday, December 13, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] User Settings

 

It saves just fine. And as long as I don't remove those pref files, the buttons stick. What I'm saying is, button prefs are not saved in the user settings, OR they may be overridden by a preference file. Regardless, I don't use custom buttons, as I view them as an inferior workflow to a custom keyboard layout (which is most definitely kept in user settings).


On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Pale <pale.edit@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Sounds like you may have a permissions issue, where avid is unable to write to the folder your preferences are supposed to be written to.



On Thursday, December 12, 2013, Mark Spano wrote:
 

I did not say that buttons were not saved. I said that buttons (in my experience) were not always saved in User Settings. Custom buttons can be wiped out and reset to defaults if you blow away the State file and other troubleshooting preference files.


On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Greg Huson <Greg@secrethq.com> wrote:
 



On Dec 12, 2013, at 4:17 PM, Nick Hrycyk <bigblueav@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mark S replied that butons were never saved

Buttons most definitely have been saved in the past. What would be the point of button-to-button in the command pallet if they weren't saved? I'll try new settings tomorrow and see what happens.

Glad it's not just me. Well, not glad for you have trouble, but, you know, glad I'm not alone.

GH



----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Post Production / Production
Culver City, CA
323 677 2092
www.DigitalServiceStation.com
greg (at) SecretHQ.com
www.SecretHQ.com



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (28)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment