Sunday, December 8, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid to Premiere

 

Hi Jay,

Is upgrading the MC7 an option, as that would allow you to relink to your camera masters and apply a suitable LUT.

Rich


On 7/12/13 1:31 PM, Jay Mahavier wrote:
 

Yes, linking to the Avid MXF media works, but why would I want that?  That's my offline media.  I want it to link back to the camera master files, in this case ProRes4444 files.  I could not figure out how to make PP CS6 do that.


And before you suggest decomposing my sequence and reimporting the ProRes4444 files into MC at a higher resolution I need to point out that my camera master files are LogC and Media Composer does not work with full range media well.

Jay

On Dec 6, 2013, at 6:07 PM, John Pale wrote:



I sent a not so simple sequence to Premiere Pro CC the other day,, via AAF and it opened perfectly linking to the Avid media.  This was to test Speedgrade.

Haven't tried with AMA media.





On Friday, December 6, 2013, Jay Mahavier wrote:
 

So, when I tried it I was using PP CS6. I would import the AAF and it would only want to relink to the MXF media. I couldn't figure out how to get it to want to link back to the ProRes QTs that were the camera masters. You know, like I would do with FCP7 and Automatic Duck. Which Adobe was instrumental in shutting down. I even posted my issue to the "AAF Import for Adobe Premier Pro" forum on the Adobe site 8 months ago and there has been over 1000 read but not one reply. It kind of pissed me off to the point where I don't even want to try the Adobe Creative Cloud products. So if you can figure their crap out I would be interested in hearing your solution.

Jay

On Dec 6, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Steve Hullfish wrote:

> Is there a way to send AAF or something from Avid to Premiere Pro for a basic cuts only sequence? Yes. I am being lazy. I have not Googled. I have not looked anywhere else. I am coming straight to the L.
> 
> I cut a trailer from a ProRez version of the movie. Now they want me to deliver a 2K trailer from a new 2K render of the movie file, so I can't export video from Avid, I'm thinking I have to import the 2K element into Premiere or After Effects and export from there to deliver true 2K.
> 
> There are about 80 edits so if I have to eyematch, it won't kill me, but I'd prefer some easier method. The audio - which is complex - doesn't need to go to Premiere or AE at all, since that is already at full resolution in Avid and I can export AAF for the sound mixers.
> 
> Steve
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo Groups Links
> 
> 
> 





__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment