Friday, December 27, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: Proper On Tape level for matte key alpha elements?

 

According to the director the EVS ingests both fill and matte at the same time in a sync roll simul ingest to the EVS. What's really weird is that the RGB screaming hot levels go down to 700 millivolts to 0 millivolts during the digital cut only.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Pale <pale.edit@...> wrote:
>
> I've always just copy/pasted the matte as is and output to tape. Done it
> many times over many years and never got a single complaint.
>
> I also don't usually make separate tapes unless it's for a linear truck.
> Just put the matte after the fill on the same reel. If the matte starts
> in black put an x on the frame before it starts. Having separate tapes
> just increases the chance one will get lost.
>
> J
>
>
> On Friday, December 27, 2013, John Moore wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > I'm building a roll in reel for ingest into an EVS unit for a live show.
> > I've got matte key elements and I've separated out the fill and alpha
> > video. As I understand Avid's matte key structure the fill should be
> > 16-235 and the matte key alpha is actually full range 0-255. Now when I
> > pull out the alpha channel I have super whites and blacks as would be
> > expected. I am hesitant to color correct this into 16-235 as I don't want
> > to distort how the switcher will interpret the key signal. I'm building
> > fill on one tape and alpha on another tape with matching time code so they
> > can sync roll when ingesting into the EVS unit at the remote. I know the
> > TD can tweak his linear keyer but I'm curious if anyone more familiar with
> > the EVS feeding a key signal to a switcher if I should infact bring the
> > matte signal to reside within 0 to 700 milllivolts? TIA
> >
> > John Moore
> > Barking Trout Productions
> > Studio City, CA
> > bigfish@...
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment