Sunday, October 20, 2013

[Avid-L2] IMAX 3-D

 

HELLO LIST! I hope this post finds everybody well!

I have been trying to do some research, I have even contacted by reseller but have gotten a reply. Here is what I'm trying to do, I am going to edit a film for IMAX in 3-D. I of course want to use Avid. I have one older version of avid on a laptop, it will only run version 5.5. I have an older Mac Pro desktop, but it will only run 6.5. So, I need to purchase a new computer. I would like it to be a MacBook Pro. When I look at the specs at avid, the highest in MacBook Pro is not authorized.

So, here are my questions:

1) What would be the best computer? Will a laptop has enough horsepower? (Again, just for the easiest physically, I would really like to use a laptop).

2) Exactly what type of drives do I need to be able to handle IMAX 3-D footage? If they give me a Digital card, and card reader when I need or would already be built into the computer?

3) What kind of an external monitor do I need to be able to see the 3-D output?

I know I am asking a lot of questions but I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Kent

Kent Kreiger
www.kreigerpost.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment