Friday, September 27, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] RE: RE: Help Weird Sequence Problem and of course at a deadline

 

Tony, If it played using "play in/out" you should be able to get it to
not play by moving your in/out marks, selecting all tracks... I've
never seen (but I'm willing to accept) a case where the sequence
wouldn't play using "play" but would using "play in/out" and marking the
whole sequence. Regardless, you should be able to hunt down the bad
clip, replace its media and get on with your work. Good luck. --J.B.

tonybreuer@mac.com wrote:
>
>
> Thanks Terry. That's the one thing that I didn't try. I will try it
> now. John Beck's test with the play in-to-out worked OK. But if I
> try to play using the play button - same result. I will do the divide
> and conquer routine now.
>
>
> Tony Breuer
>
>
>
> ---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Sounds like a piece of corrupt media. Time to divide and conquer.
>
>
> Make a DUPLICATE of your sequence, delete all audio tracks. Does it
> play? If yes, then it's audio media. If no, then it's a video clip.
>
>
> Delete the back half of the sequence. Does it play? If yes, then the
> problem is in the back half. If no, then delete half of what is
> remaining. Does it play? etc. Eventually you will isolate the bad
> clip. It is either corrupt, in which case you will need to reimport,
> capture, whatever, or got screwed up in the sequence which means recut
> it in.
>
>
>
> ---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> MAC Pro OS 10.8.5 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad Core 32 Gig Ram
> Avid Symphony Software only v 6.0.4
>
> I was working yesterday on a film. I shut down to take a lunch break.
> When I came back I rebooted and launched the Symphony The audio
> tracks were rearranged so that there was A1 and A2 as normal then
> blank buttons where A 3 thru A 10 should have been and then A 3 thru
> A10 beneath that. There was also this error message:
>
>
> Audio:PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA()
>
> Player version of frame duration is longer than actual (335) (334)
>
>
> I could not play the sequence. I loaded the old sequence into the
> source monitor and opened a new sequence. The Symphony would not let
> me re-patch the track order. I pasted the old sequence into the new
> and deleted the blank tracks and the audio tracks patched properly.
> Then I could play the sequence. I finished what I was editing
> exported for a screener and then shut down the Avid. I tried opening
> and old version from the Attic. No good.
>
>
> This morning I booted up and launched the Symphony. Same problem. I
> trashed the MC State. Same result. I created a new project. and tried
> opening the bin in that. Same problem. I tried marking an in and an
> out on a portion of the sequence. Same problem. It won't let me play
> the sequence.
>
>
> Of course I am up against a firm deadline on Saturday.
>
>
> Help.
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Tony Breuet
>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment