Friday, September 27, 2013

[Avid-L2] RE: Help Weird Sequence Problem and of course at a deadline

 

Thanks everybody.


It turns out that it was a fade to black on the last shot of the sequence. I trimmed it back, re-did the fade and it all plays back OK now.

 

But the I still get an error message when I try to open a bin file from the attic.  That scares me.


Any helpful hints on that?


Tony Breuer



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <Greg@...> wrote:

And, is there any value in the 'repair sequences' command? I've never
needed it - but that subject came about here a few days ago.

from the 'useful console commands' list:

RepairSequences - Attempts to repair sequences with internal
inconsistencies

gh

-------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Chief
Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
www.SecretHQ.com
DigitalServiceStation.com



> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] RE: RE: Help Weird Sequence Problem and of course
> at a deadline
> From: John Beck <jb30343@...>
> Date: Fri, September 27, 2013 9:19 am
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>
>
> Tony, If it played using "play in/out" you should be able to get it to
> not play by moving your in/out marks, selecting all tracks... I've
> never seen (but I'm willing to accept) a case where the sequence
> wouldn't play using "play" but would using "play in/out" and marking the
> whole sequence. Regardless, you should be able to hunt down the bad
> clip, replace its media and get on with your work. Good luck. --J.B.
>
> tonybreuer@... wrote:
> >
> >
> > Thanks Terry. That's the one thing that I didn't try. I will try it
> > now. John Beck's test with the play in-to-out worked OK. But if I
> > try to play using the play button - same result. I will do the divide
> > and conquer routine now.
> >
> >
> > Tony Breuer
> >
> >
> >
> > ---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds like a piece of corrupt media. Time to divide and conquer.
> >
> >
> > Make a DUPLICATE of your sequence, delete all audio tracks. Does it
> > play? If yes, then it's audio media. If no, then it's a video clip.
> >
> >
> > Delete the back half of the sequence. Does it play? If yes, then the
> > problem is in the back half. If no, then delete half of what is
> > remaining. Does it play? etc. Eventually you will isolate the bad
> > clip. It is either corrupt, in which case you will need to reimport,
> > capture, whatever, or got screwed up in the sequence which means recut
> > it in.
> >
> >
> >
> > ---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> >
> > MAC Pro OS 10.8.5 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad Core 32 Gig Ram
> > Avid Symphony Software only v 6.0.4
> >
> > I was working yesterday on a film. I shut down to take a lunch break.
> > When I came back I rebooted and launched the Symphony The audio
> > tracks were rearranged so that there was A1 and A2 as normal then
> > blank buttons where A 3 thru A 10 should have been and then A 3 thru
> > A10 beneath that. There was also this error message:
> >
> >
> > Audio:PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA()
> >
> > Player version of frame duration is longer than actual (335) (334)
> >
> >
> > I could not play the sequence. I loaded the old sequence into the
> > source monitor and opened a new sequence. The Symphony would not let
> > me re-patch the track order. I pasted the old sequence into the new
> > and deleted the blank tracks and the audio tracks patched properly.
> > Then I could play the sequence. I finished what I was editing
> > exported for a screener and then shut down the Avid. I tried opening
> > and old version from the Attic. No good.
> >
> >
> > This morning I booted up and launched the Symphony. Same problem. I
> > trashed the MC State. Same result. I created a new project. and tried
> > opening the bin in that. Same problem. I tried marking an in and an
> > out on a portion of the sequence. Same problem. It won't let me play
> > the sequence.
> >
> >
> > Of course I am up against a firm deadline on Saturday.
> >
> >
> > Help.
> >
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> > Tony Breuet
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment