Saturday, September 21, 2013

[Avid-L2] Asante IntraCore 35160-16 port Gigabit Ethernet Switch Fan Noise?

 

I picked up a used Asante IntraCore 35160-T 16 port Gigabit Ethernet Switch but the fan noise is loud.  It doesn't sound like bad fans just loud.  I've never spent quality time around unitys with this switch. 
Are they pretty noisy normally?  Given their use with older unitys I guess the rest of the unity would drown out this noise.  I'm trying it in my house network but the noise is probably going to be too much.  Can anybody tell me the noise is normal for this unit?  If the noise is normal then is there anything exceptional about this switch that would make it's performance better than picking up a switch from Fry's etc....
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment