Saturday, August 24, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] More folks are panning the 4K push

 

That is horrible sad yet, even after just a couple years working with ad folks, not surprising.

Glen Montgomery - Video Editor
Santa Monica, CA
http://coldpost.tv/

On Aug 24, 2013, at 3:09 PM, David Dodson <davidadodson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>
> As Richard Dreyfus said in JAWS, "I got that beat."
>
> A number of years ago I was cutting a national car spot. Big clients in the room, agency, Detroit execs, the whole thing. There was a long lens shot of a comely girl walking in slo-mo soft focus towards the car, which was in focus. So we get a cut of the spot, and one of the Detroit guys says, "You know, I think it'd be better if the girl was coming towards us instead. Let's see what that looks like."
>
> So I'm siting there rapidly scanning through the footage in my head. I just know I've never seen that shot. Many, many takes of the girl walking towards the car. But never coming at us. I quickly go back to the bin and confirm what I already knew. I turn to the group, and say, "Did you guys shoot that, the girl walking towards us?" And the Detroit guy says, "No, but don't you have a way of doing that?" And I said, "Do you mean, play it in reverse?" And the Detroit guy said, "No, towards us. Have her walk towards us. I want to see her face." And I said, "But you didn't shoot that." And he said, "No, I know, but you can do that in here, right?"
>
> It's good to have a calm temperament. In general.
>
> David
>
> On Aug 24, 2013, at 12:18 PM, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@veralith.com> wrote:
>
> > Reminds me of the time, back in the SD days when I had a client who shot a wide shot of an entire room (a BIG room) and the talent (who was fairly small on screen himself) gestured to a loaf of bread on a table next to him. My client asked me to cut to a close up of the loaf of bread. I told him that I couldn't find a close up in the footage he gave me. "No," he said, "Just push in to it from the wide shot." ".... uh, yeah... I can show that to you."
> >
> > If I remember correctly, the loaf of bread consisted of about 60 square pixels (10x6 pixels) in the image.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On Aug 23, 2013, at 11:48 PM, owen@thenowcorporation.com wrote:
> >
> >> garbage in garbage out
> >>
> >> Owen's iphone
> >>
> >> On Aug 24, 2013, at 12:39 AM, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@aol.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> PS: I have had those calls from network execs asking if they can shoot full frame in 4K and do all the repositioning in post. What the heck, post is cheaper than production, because post is free since FCP only costs a few hundred dollars.
> >>>
> >>> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@...> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> For an HD delivery. Who is delivering 4K as it was shot?
> >>>>
> >>>> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Tom McDonnell <ltr54@> wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> 4k is the new HD
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Best thing about 4k is I don't need to rent a zoom anymore. We can just "push in" in post. And yes I've been told that with a straight face...
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Tom McDonnell
> >>>>> 818-675-1501
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>
> David Dodson
> davidadodson@sbcglobal.net
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment