Saturday, July 20, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Stuff I wish they'd fix

 

I'm not Terry but I'll toss in my 2 cents worth anyway.

Tagging clips might be an option in some kinds of work. In a lot of the
shows I CC, it would take a long time. Lately, I'm finishing a lot of
stuff that was shot on XDCam. The most common clip name I get is C0001.
C0002 is the next most common... That makes CC'ing by clip name a little
dangerous. I'd really like to be able to create logical arguments like
"clip name = C0002 AND Source Disk = xxx". I'd also love to have the
bucket buttons turn into thumbnails of the frame I was parked on when I
saved them. --J.B.

Original email:
-----------------
From: Benjamin Hershleder Ben@ContactBen.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:46:37 -0700
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Stuff I wish they'd fix

Terry, wouldn't it be advantageous to be able to "tag" shots in such a way
so that you could control which shots are CC-Linked together, beyond just
being associated by Source? Or is there a way to use Clip Name to do that?

What I'm imagining is that the User would use the Segment Tool to select
multiple shots in the Sequence, press a "Tag" button. A window would open
and then we'd assign a user-definable tag-term to them. The same tag-term
could be added at any time (from a tag list window) to other shots (if one
was missed, let's say), or could be removed (so it could be tweaked
individually without breaking *all* CC links).

----------------------------------------------------------
mail2web LIVE – Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (25)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment