Saturday, June 29, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: From the Shameless Self Promotion Dept.

 


On 6/25/13 4:36 PM, blafarm wrote:
>
> I enjoyed it. Not your father's "60 Minutes".
> Must have been a bear to organize and manage.
> The pace sure speaks to our current state of
> attention deficit.
> Still, engaging technique and meaningful use of
> B-Roll.
> Not sure I would have EQ/Compressed the second
> half of select O.C. Voice.
> Although it did work me when it emphasized
> important short phrases.
>
Thanks for watching the show. The actual
organization of the material was not too different
from many of the other cable Doc.s I have cut. The
style of the show is actually an homage to Tony
Scott whose pet project the pilot was before he
passed. My goal was to honor his intentions and add
my own touches. One of his graphics guys is a night
editor on the series and he said to me that he
thought Tony would have been happy with the work so
I guess I can take that as a posthumous slap on the
back. The next show in the series I am editing will
be on in five or six weeks and is about the Oklahoma
City bombing. Each show will have a slightly
different but related style so please keep
watching. We'll leave the light on for ya'.

Robert Landau
New Century Films, Inc
Burbank, CA

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment