Saturday, June 22, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: DPX delivery...

 

You should just ask them how they want it delivered. The only real standard is the one that each project sets for itself.

Jay

On Jun 22, 2013, at 7:00 AM, ripvanmarlowe2000 wrote:

> I was recently roped in to finishing an end roller for a film that will be shown theatrically, something that I have never had to do before.
>
> I am delivering a 10bit Log DPX sequence out of After Effects CS6. I don't think I have to do anything in terms of formatting Linux hard drives or anything like that, I think I'm just delivering the DPX sequence to someone else who will stitch it together with the rest of the film and take care of all of that.
>
> Does anyone know if there is any special etiquette for delivering a DPX sequence? A certain naming convention or folder structure? Can I just give them a folder called "sequencename_DPX_export" containing the files and a firm handshake?
>
> I'm guessing yes but just didn't want to make some horrible post-production faux pas.
>
> Even doing this fairly straightforward task I came across so many questions to do with delivering to the correct standard, I don't know how people keep it all in their heads! Anyone ever seen 2560x1350 as a delivery size? I thought 2K was supposed to be either 2048x858 for 2.39:1 or 1998x1080 for 1.85:1?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andi
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment