Saturday, June 22, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: Avid AAF to Davinci Resolve

 

In Resolve 9 if you want to view the RED files in the media pool "Reel No" with just the first 16 characters of the name (that means with out the _001 or the _001.R3D) all you need to do is:

1) click on the gear icon and go to the "Master Project Settings" panel
2) Under Conform Options:
Use Timecode - put a bullet next to "Embedded in the source clip"
put a check mark next to "Assist using reel names from the:"
put a bullet next to "Embedded in source clip file"
3) go to the "Presets" panel
now click on the "Save As" button in the lower left of the window
4) I would name it something like "Embedded"

I wonder if that would now work for you.
sometimes I have to optimize my database before I can get the settings to stick in Resolve 9.

- scott freeman

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Art Freed <fcpstar@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I'm having some trouble with a conform in Davinci Resolve 9 from an Avid AAF (made in Avid 6.0) with Red Footage. Basically when I import the AAF into Resolve it does not link automatically to the Red footage I brought into the media pool. In the past with other projects, I have had no problem with it linking automatically. It does, however, link with a force conform, but that seems to be more a workaround rather than solving the problem. 
>
> Here are some errors I am encountering:
>
> -Does not link when Red Footage is in the media pool
> -When I click on 'automatically import source clips into the media pool' both with and without 'ignore file extensions when matching' and point to the folder with the Red Footage it says the clips were not found. 
> -When I click on 'automatically import source clips into the media pool' and link it with the lower resolution footage, it brings the clips into the media pool, however, doesn't link with them because 'the reels do not match.'
>
> Here are some variables that are different from the usual projects I work on:
>
> -The .R3D files have a "_001" ext that doesn't correspond with the Avid files. For example, the Red file is "A001_C002_05206K_001.R3D" and the avid file is "A001_C002_05206K."
> -The footage is anamorphic
>
> Please let me know what you guys think or if you need any more info.
>
> Thanks!
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment