Saturday, May 11, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Can't rid my sequence of AMA clips

Though I never got to the bottom of why the Transcode sequence would leave so many clips as AMA, I did achieve some closure on the issue. I wound up selecting the AMA clips left over on the mostly transcoded sequence (show reference clips) and (hi-liting) transcoding them in respective 29.97 & 23.98 projects. I had so many problems of late intermittently losing links to AMA files, I lost a lot of confidence in Avid linking and relinking. I fully feared and expected to have to replace the resistant AMA clips by hand but… I took the all AMA footage off-line, got a seq with a lot of (AMA) media off-line then selected the seq and asked it to reLink (to the hand transcoded .new clips) and OMG it worked. You might say just like it was supposed to… and I'd answer that so many things were not working as they were supposed to that I was surprised.

But 'praise be' it worked just as the sun was coming out after a major NYC thunderstorm. After much torture, happy ending, I think:)

Thanks everyone,

Paul

On May 11, 2013, at 4:15 PM, electropura212 wrote:

> I'm surprised it wasn't better for you in v6.x.
>
> I had all sorts of similar problems in 5.x, but the same show the following
> year in 6.x was smooth as glass for me.
>
> FWIW....
>
> Another thing that will cause media to be skipped in a transcode is a mix
> of iFrame and long GOP footage. The long GOP stuff will get skipped, and
> have to be done in a subsequent pass.
>
> On Saturday, May 11, 2013, Paul Dougherty wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > Good to know about that feature but that is a just a sub-plot to the main
> > issue, MC will not transcode the AMA clips in my final seq
> >
> > Just tried to do the transcoding on a MC6. Really just an Avid nightmare,
> > no solutions and a whole new set of error messages. Going back to the MC 5
> > that I cut it on.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On May 11, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Andi Meek wrote:
> >
> > > It is a feature that will be included in Version 7. Been waiting for
> > that for ages.
> > >
> > > Andi
> > >
> > >
> > >.
>
>
>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment