Saturday, April 13, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: MC 7

 

Hmm just realised its been about 12 years since I was on the avid-l ...

Who died while I was gone?

Best regards

Mike

On 13 Apr, 2013, at 9:46 PM, "oliverpetersvidy" <oliverpeters@oliverpeters.com> wrote:

> > Mike Parsons wrote:
> > If there was a Mac version of fusion I would
> > replace my smokes entirely right now.
> > Baselight still feels over complex compared to resolve.
>
> Damn Mike! You're a voice from the past. I see you over at the Autodesk forums. Have you been lurking here? I'm surprised you would move away from Smoke. If there were a Mac version of DS, would you have moved to DS?
>
> In any case, Baselight takes a similar approach (layers) to SpeedGrade and I think the color science is a bit more "filmic" than Resolve. Obviously Resolve has solid creds, so this is more of an impression on my part, based on the on-screen results I've seen. Resolve 10 should be quite nice. Not only some introductory editing tools (aimed at conforming and tweaks there), but also Open FX, so you can use plug-ins like Sapphire.
>
> Overall a pretty wild time with no real, single, "perfect" solution, yet.
>
> - Oliver
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (50)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment