Friday, April 5, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Creating a clip from a sequence: NEW FR: Subsequence behavior

 


Yes, but your method requires there are no edits inside those subsequences (AutoSync won't AutoSync if there's any cut).

What many folks have been asking is a way to build select rolls or stringouts, and use those sequences as matchframeable sources.

So I compile a bunch of different pieces of picture and sound into a stringout or selects reel, I then would for instance right-click the sequence in its bin and label it a source roll or stringout or selects roll. When I then double click that selects reel in the bin, it opens in the source monitor, not the record monitor.

Also, when I cut from such a stringout I might want the clips in the timeline to refer to the name of the stringout (preferably optional). And when I have cut in some shots from a stringout into a sequence, and I park in that new sequence and hit matchframe, I'd like the stringout to appear in the source monitor first. Another matchframe might would then bring in the source clip (or sync clip) that was used in the stringout.

Long standing request, most helpful in many scenarios, but very much so when using file-based camcorders on documentaries. You often want to be able to scroll through a bunch of B-roll shots from the source monitor, you often don't want each individual shot to be its own clip, which you have to load. Much like the tape days when material would come in as entire tapes, and you could quickly browse through a tape (or a subclip you made from that captured tape).

J

On 5 apr. 2013, at 21:37, Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I create sync sequences, I often make my subsequences and then
> AutoSync them so that they become like a subclip. Then a double-click opens
> them in the Source monitor - no dragging necessary. Is that what you're
> trying to do?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (36)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment