Saturday, April 20, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: Trying to fix damaged P2 file?

 

That's been suggested but we don't have the original P2 Card to try this with. Is there some means by which I could take the drive and back load it to a P2 Card if I had access to a camera? According to one tech at Imagine who make P2 Log Pro I should try proxymill but that errored out on every clip in the volume when all the other clips seem to play nice. I did take the problem file and have P2 Log Pro rebuild the xml but the video errors still occur. It's frustrating that one program will play parts of the clip and another program plays the other parts of the clip. If only I could export out the working sections from P2 Log Pro but that doesn't seem to be a feature I've found. I only see an export to fcp xml.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Young <jymedia.com@...> wrote:
>
> John Moore said:
>
> > Okay I finally got the closest to original P2 files to see if they work but
> > alas they show the same error.
>
> Maybe a Panasonic camera can fix this bad clip that you have?
>
> The following anecdote may or may not be helpful.
>
> Earlier this week, I had take 7 of 12 on a P2 card not transfer.
>
> Avid would not load this DVCPROHD clip via AMA, nor would Panasonic P2
> Viewer play it. When I looked at the file on the drive in Windows Explorer,
> the file size was only 32 KB.
>
> The P2 card had not been recycled yet; so, I got it back from the camera
> operator.
>
> (The camera operator confirmed that there had been a loss of AC power to the
> camera on set. Presumably he had not stopped rolling on take 7 at the
> time.)
>
> When viewed in Windows Explorer, the file on the P2 card was also 32 KB.
>
>
> Then, we put the card in a HVX200 camera -- not even the one that recorded
> it, which was a HPX500 -- and take 7 had a red X instead of an image
> thumbnail.
>
> Using the camera, I was able to repair the clip. I believe that the menu
> item was Operation > Repair Clip.
>
> After the operation, a thumbnail came back, and the clip played.
>
>
> Good luck!
>
> -Jeff
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment