Friday, April 26, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: Grading monitors at NAB

 

I'd be interested if you still see the hue shift. It wasn't something I could have judged at the Sony booth. I'm usually planted right in front of mine so not as big an issue. But the relative saturation loss was very evident. Most of my clients watch off axis on the JVC monitors that get really washed out from their view point but they don't seem to mind which leads me to believe they trust me for the color correction unless something is way out. Of course it gets old fast when you have to keep telling people to move over my shoulder if you want to see how it really looks.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "ksirul" <kenavid2@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks John,
>
> I'm trying to get a demo of the Sony from my local reseller. When we tested them last year, they definately went greenish if you leaned over a foot or two!
>
> KEN
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes I posted about this. Sony mounted a PVM-2541A the newer panel model on top of the PVM-2541 and set the pair on a rotating compass so you could see the off angle difference by spinning the compass. You could see the difference in saturation fall of quite clearly. This was out in the open with no special viewing environment so it wasn't a lab like test but it was clear the saturation held up much more off axis. Any subtle hue issues off axis weren't easily noticed in the environment so I can't speak to that aspect of off axis viewing. Because I already own the older panel I didn't go into a lot of analysis of it because that would just make me sad. ;-) I strongly suggest a look at the new panel.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "ksirul" <kenavid2@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Anything new here? Anyone notice if there are improvements in Sony OLED viewing angle?
> > >
> > > KEN
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment