Saturday, March 23, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] G-Raids, MacDrive Pro

 

Hi Jeff,

I think FW 400 is 400 Mbit/sec which would be 50 MByte/sec at full transfer speed so you would be looking at 19 minutes for 56GB.

The eSATA seems very slow but the FW400 seems pretty close to what you would expect, 41.5MB versus 50MB theoretical.

Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Kreines - Kinetta" <jeff@kinetta.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, FinalCutPro-L@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:32:24 PM
Subject: [Avid-L2] G-Raids, MacDrive Pro

Forgive the cross-posting.

I am working with a Windows 7-64 PC with MacDrive Pro, and am getting ridiculously slow transfer speeds using G-RAIDs (mostly new ones, 2x 2TB drives, FW 800 and eSATA and USB2.

I chose these because I am working with people on Macs who want FW800 and I need eSATA for fast transfers.

So I try transferring a puny 56 GB file from the G-RAID to a nearly empty 4x 4TB internal raid. Via eSATA the transfer speed was so slow -- 13 MB/minute! -- that I switched to FW400 (don't have 800 on this PC) and the speed is 41.5 MB/second -- still ridiculously slow.

Assume this isn't a MacDrive Pro thing since I am not writing to the Mac-formatted G-Raid. Is there something about G-RAIDS that needs tweaking? I remember a similar problem with them about a year ago.

All suggestions appreciated!

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
kinetta.com
jeff@kinetta.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment