Sunday, March 10, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: MC can't find keyspan

 

I've been doing the hokey pokey keyspan shuffle for months on my last gig. I found quitting avid on the MacPro then unplugging the keyspan twice and then confirming it in system profile then restarting Avid worked consistently. Just restarting Avid didn't work but after quitting avid and the two unplug approach on the keyspan usa-19hs it would reappear in Avid upon restart. Man the whacky behavior of keyspans on macs has given me many a grey hair. They just seem flaky no matter what and how come even after a successful auto config you still have to click check deck before it decides a deck is there? I've felt like a fool in front of several clients thanks to "Keyspan ADD."

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Lou Wirth <loutv@...> wrote:
>
> Before all that, I did another reinstall of the drivers and that seemed to work. Kind of like doing the Hokey-Pokey.
>
> thanks
> Lou
> On Mar 6, 2013, at 8:59 AM, Benjamin Hershleder <Ben@...> wrote:
>
> >
> > On Mar 6, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Dom Q. Silverio wrote:
> >
> > > Uninstall the Keyspan drivers. Unplug the device from the USB port.
> > > Shutdown (if you have an xw8600, unplug the power cable for 2 minutes to
> > > discharge the PC completely). Reboot. Delete your MC State, Site Settings
> > > and Site Attribute files. Reinstall the drivers and reboot. Connect the
> > > device and start Avid.
> > >
> >
> > Do the Hokey-Pokey and shake it all around . . .
> >
> > >
> > > Dom Q. Silverio
> > >
> > > On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Lou Wirth loutv@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Last night I had to actually digitize some tape. Have not done this in 3
> > > > years. I had to relearn the process all over again. Of course I figured I
> > > > needed updated keyspan drivers as my Avid did not see anything on direct
> > > > port. So I updated the driver and to my surprise, there it was and it
> > > > worked. I digitized several clips and left. Now in this morning to pick
> > > > up where I left off. But now, nothing I do lets Avid see anything on the
> > > > direct port. No keyspan. Is there something else I need to do to help
> > > > persuade my system that decks are attached via the keyspan?
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > > >
> > > > Lou
> > > > Lou Wirth Productions
> > > > 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> > > > Corte Madera, CA 94925
> > > > www.louwirth.com
> > > > 415-924-9411p
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
> Lou Wirth Productions
> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> Corte Madera, CA 94925
> www.louwirth.com
> 415-924-9411p
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment