Saturday, February 9, 2013

[Avid-L2] MacPro Firewire Buss(es) and transcoding errors?

 

As I am transcoding to DNX 45 from DNX 220 I am getting errors when I try to transcode directly from a 4TB self powered GRaid hooked up to the rear FW 800 connector and FW 800/400 cable hooked up to the other rear FW 800 port and a nexstar -3 external enclosure self powered with a 1TB drive.  The DNX 220 media is on the GRaid and the DNX 45 is going on the nexstar.  I forget the exact error but it stalls at various times with one or more clips in a bin transcoded.  I had a real issue with an hour plus clip and after several tries opted to transcode to the internal raid not the nexstar enclosure which is FW 400.  This worked even though I found an error the next morning the clip actually did transode to the internal raid.  I tried again to day to go direct with a bin full of shorter clips and it errored out after the first clip.  Back to the internal raid and life is good.  I googled and it seems at least for 2006-2008 MacPros there is only one
firewire buss shared with all the ports front and back.  I assume this is still the case but I can't find any info directly addressing this.  Can anyone confirm or deny there is only one firewire buss on a MacPro?  Even if it is only one buss I feel like this shouldn't be an issue to do this transcode from one drive to another on my brand spanking new 12 core MacPro.  The project is running from the desktop so that's not taking up any firewire bandwidth.  Am I mistaken to expect that to work.  Sure seems strange to get something mentioning a codec error when attempting this. 

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment