Saturday, January 26, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] OL: Blue Tooth interfering with WIFI

 

Yes, I suppose you are entitled to assume that any device sold In a country is compliant, and that may be not the case. I will get Apple to swop the speaker out (it was purchased at an Apple store) and see if it fixes it. If that does not work, I will change the brand. The continuos aspect of the stream may well be the issue, I don't know enough about BT and its error correction capabilities, it may well have not been designed for this sort of application. The real answer is to use WIFI enabled speakers at 3 times the cost, that will use up WIFI bandwidth so there may be further issues there.

Sent from my iPad
IAN WILSON
0418 327 082

On 27/01/2013, at 6:16, John Beck jb30343@windstream.net> wrote:

> I don't have a specific answer for you Ian but a few months ago I was
> talking with an electrical engineer/designer about a BT smartphone
> accessory I was thinking about having designed and prototyped. We spent
> about 2 minutes talking about software and circuits. We then spent
> about 20 minutes talking about the various FCC (U.S.) clearances I'd
> have to get before we could even make a prototype. My eyes glazed over
> and I lost interest in the project. You might have similar regulations
> in Australia. If you do, one of your devices may be out of compliance.
> If the gentleman I was consulting with is correct and your rules are
> similar, the manufacturer will have a strong interest in correcting the
> situation. Or, just get hard wired stuff. --J.B.
>
> WILSON wrote:
> > I recently purchased a Logitech UE BT speaker for my iPad and it's constantly turning my WIFI to my iPad off. Here are the details.
> >
> > My model is the "Mobile Boombox" UE
> > The BT is coming from a first gen iPad.
> >
> > The pairing to the speaker works fine for varying amounts of time from 20-30 minutes. It then disables the WIFI, when you go to settings on the iPad, the WIFI is disconnected. If you try to reconnect with BT on, it does not find any WIFI signal. If you then switch BT off, it will find the WIFI signal and reconnect, BT can then be turned back on and paired with the speaker again and it will run just fine for the next 20-30 minutes or so, before you have to repeat the sequence.
> >
> > I recognize that this is complex stuff. I am presently running some tests with the BT switched on but nothing paired, just in case it's the iPad causing the problem, however this will not totally prove that it's the iPad, because there is no BT frequencies present other than it paging the port (if that's what it does)
> >
> > The ultimate test is to try another BT device. However I do not have anything suitable. So I am about to take the UE back to the Apple store from whence it came, and replace it with another unit, if that fails, I will exchange if for another brand. If that fails I might just give BT a miss.
> >
> > In general terms looking at the number of complaints about BT and WIFI on the WEB, it appears they do not play well together.
> >
> > Finally I have changed the channels on my WIFI modem without success.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> > IAN WILSON
> > 0418 327 082
> >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment