Saturday, January 26, 2013

[Avid-L2] 'Relink to AMA Files'

 

Anyone found a use for the command 'Relink to AMA Files'? It's always greyed out. I ask because I (and a student of mine) are in the position of having moved camera card copies from one drive to another (they go offline in the bin). Sounds like 'Relink to AMA Files' is the command that would resolve this but no. Any ideas, please? MC 6.5, Mac.

With best wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the very late response. I just had this problem in MC7 and discovered that AMA relink is only available for quicktime movies. In my case I was trying to re-link a WAV file after doing some editing in another program. My solution was to link to AMA again with the same name, delete the original AMA master clip, then close and open the sequence. It had then relinked to the file for me. Hope this helps.
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete